Grateful Advocates for Catholic Education
Publicly-funded Catholic education is a blessing. The mission of GrACE is to inspire, invigorate and embolden the spirit of Catholic education in order to unite, engage, educate and communicate with one voice on its behalf.
All Catholic school districts, including STAR Catholic, have been asked to form a GrACE team. GrACE invites all those committed to Catholic education to be advocates and witnesses for our schools' success and their future.
Look for opportunities to join discussions with your local GrACE team, and help spread the good news of Catholic education in your homes, neighborhoods, schools, and parishes.
Did You Know?
- Catholic education in Alberta is 158 years old.
- Alberta is one of three provinces with publicly-funded Catholic education.
- 180,000 Albertan students attend one of more than 430 Catholic schools.
- Catholic schools demonstrate excellence in areas of academics, low drop out rates, Indigenous Education, and safe and caring schools.
- Students experience the love and teachings of Christ through faith-permeated curriculum.
- Catholic schools focus on the development of the whole child through academic, spiritual, physical, and social growth.