In the six and final part of the AHS series on Mental Health, Alberta Health Services looks at how Empathy Matters.
Empathy: the ability to understand and share the feelings of another.
Mental health problems can cause a big change in the way a person thinks, their emotions, the way they act, and their ability to work and carry on with their usual relationships.
- See the person, not the condition
- Understanding that mental illness can happen to anyone
- View mental illness and physical illness in the same way
- Listen, without judging or blaming
- Learn about resources and supports available and help them get “connected”
For more information, visit: