My Child Has Symptoms; What Do I Do?
If your child is displaying any symptoms, please refer to the Responding to Illness in Children Flowchart for Parents and complete the AHS Self-Assessment to determine if they should be tested for COVID-19.
After completing the self-assessment, you will also be able to complete a form to book testing for your child at an appropriate facility.
School Re-Entry Information and Resources for Parents
On July 21, 2020, the Government of Alberta announced that, come September, in-person classes will resume under scenario 1: near-normal with some health measures in place.
As of August 4, 2020, health care measures in schools now include mandatory masks for all staff, including bus drivers, and students in grades 4 through 12 while in common areas. Masks are optional for students in Kindergarten through grade 3.
- Responding to Child Illness - Parent Flowchart (STAR Catholic)
- Back to School Facts and Mask Guidance (STAR Catholic)
- Detailed School Re-Entry Plan (STAR Catholic)
- School Re-Entry: Quick Facts for Parents (STAR Catholic)
- Frequently Asked Questions About Re-Entry (STAR Catholic)
- What Will Online Learning Look Like? (STAR Catholic)
- Education Options: Decision-Making Information (STAR Catholic)
- Get the Facts: Back to Class for 2020-2021 (Government of Alberta)
- Parent Guide to the 2020-2021 School Year (Government of Alberta)
- Self-Screening Questionnaire (Government of Alberta)
- Guidance to School Re-Entry (Government of Alberta)
- Guidance to Wearing Non-Medical Masks (Government of Alberta)
- Resources for Parents and Families (Alberta Health Services)