On March 15, the Government of Alberta announced the immediate cancellation of all K-12 classes. Effective immediately, students are expected to stay home from school in order to help stop the spread of the virus in Alberta. This direction from Alberta Health Services now replaces any protocol that was previously followed in our schools.
A letter was sent to parents containing more details of the closure.
Class Cancellation Information for Substitute Teachers
Details about the Government of Canada's emergency response benefit for individuals who have lost income during the COVID-19 pandemic can be found on its website.
General Prevention Tips
- Wash your hands often and well. Wash with warm water and soap to remove both visible dirt and invisible germs. Ensure you wash all parts of your hands, including under fingernails. This should take at least 20 seconds.
- Wash your hands before preparing or eating food, after using the washroom, blowing your nose, handling garbage, or touching shared objects.
- Avoid touching your face or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue and dispose of the tissue into a plastic-lined garbage bin. Wash your hands afterwards. If no tissue is available, cough or sneeze into a flexed elbow.
- Individuals with symptoms such as fever, cough, extreme tiredness, or difficulty breathing are asked to stay home.
If you have been in direct contact with someone who has tested positive or is currently being tested for COVID-19, please inform administration at your school. If you are tested for COVID-19, please update administration with your results.